Croeso i Flwyddyn 2! Welcome to Year 2!
Mrs C Rhys/ Mrs A Bates
"...What a child can do with help today, he can do himself tomorrow."
This term Year 2 are learning all about homes and houses:
- Learning to sequence and write the 3 little pigs story
- Learning about different types of homes e.g materials
- Science experiment – which materials will you choose to build a home for the 3 little pigs. Which one will withstand the hairdryer challenge
- Under arm and over arm throwing, jumping and landing and competing an obstacle course
- Learning how to say the weather in Welsh and labelling houses in Welsh, family members and emotions
- Creating block graphs from a tally chart about what type of home do you live in?
- Learning about place value
- Circle time activities
- Emulating A.K Skipsey’s paintings of Aberystwyth
- Peace at last sound story and composition for Music